25 question test
Unformatted Attachment Preview
1. An analogy lets you
reason from a generalization to more generalizations and examples.
reason from one specific piece of evidence to a general conclusion.
reason from one specific piece of evidence to another specific piece of
reason from one specific piece of evident to an all-encompassing conclusion.
reason from a generalization to a specific conclusion.
1. The process of ________ works from a generalization to a specific conclusion.
1. After analyzing the situations, which of the following should be the next step in
creating a compelling persuasive message?
Writing the message
Limiting the scope of information
Gathering necessary information
Selecting the channel and medium
1. How do ethical businesspeople generally view the concept of persuasion?
As a way to show concern for the audience
As a way to incorporate the “you” attitude in the marketing message
As a way to increase the ramifications of marketing and sales message
As a way to align their interests with what is best for the audience
As a way to avoid the complexities of promotional communication
1. Why do some users consider remarketing and behavioral targeting to be
The practice compromises data security
The practice allows bloggers to publish misinformation
The practice generates additional spam
The practice is invasive
There is no “opt out” option
1. Which of the following is an example of psychographic information that can be
determined about an audience?
1. One way to overcome audience resistance to your message is to
emphasize the potential problems.
identify areas where competitors fall short.
emphasize the consequences of non-compliance.
address possible concerns that your audience has.
use the hard-sell approach.
1. Which of the following is the outcome when someone’s name, photograph, or
other aspect of identity is used without permission?
Evidence of a claim
Breach of contract
Bait and switch advertising
An invasion of privacy
1. In marketing and sales messages, what is the primary difference between selling
points and benefits?
Selling points are positive whereas benefits are not
Selling points focus on the user rather than the product
Selling points focus on price compared to quality
Selling points focus on the product rather than the user
Selling points are emphasized only when the product is compared to the
1. When you’re composing a persuasive message, all of the following EXCEPT
________ are common mistakes that you need to avoid.
relying solely on great arguments
assuming that persuasion is a one-shot effort
using a hard-sell approach
1. Which of the following are quantifiable characteristics about audience members?
1. Using simple language in persuasive messages usually increases your credibility
with a skeptical audience.
1. What are the four communication stages in the AIDA model?
Action, interest, desire, attention
Affiliation, interests, demographics, audiences
Aggregation, independence, dependence, activity
Attention, interest, desire, action
Attention, indirect, direct, action
1. When writing persuasive messages, one way to avoid faulty logic is to
avoid precise terms.
avoid hasty generalizations.
avoid praising your opponent.
1. Which of the following is addressed when advertising to people who have a need
to show others that they are successful?
The need for safety and security
The need for aesthetic appreciation
The need for affiliation and belonging
The need for achievement
The need for power and control
1. Which of the following is one of the drawbacks to using the AIDA approach to
The message cannot be effectively sent over email
The message is multidirectional
The message is built around long-term relationships
The message talks with the audience, not at them
The message is built around a single event
1. Which of the following uses a deductive approach to persuasion?
Our stock price is like a marathon runner, slowly making progress towards
It is acceptable to lose money in the stock market because stock values
always goes back up.
Because the stock market has been falling lately, share prices of our
company stock will probably also decline.
You should invest in our company stock before the prices go up.
Because the stock price of our company fell, the entire market will probably
1. Conventional marketing or sales messages begin with an effort to gain the
1. Which of the following is the key of a successful call to action when using the
Identifying industry experts
Offering free samples or discounts
Including testimonials from satisfied users
Including a money-back guarantee
Making it as easy and risk-free as possible
1. Which of the following should be incorporated into a persuasive message to
make it as effective as possible?
Issues of safety and security
An authentic expression of appreciation
Audience’s interest in being motivated
Audience’s desires and interests
1. A ________ helps a potential buyer move through the purchasing process
without having to make an immediate decision; a ________ encourages a
potential buyer to make a purchase decision immediately.
measured response; content quotient
persuasive appeal; product push
marketing message; sales message
persuasive appeal; purchase message
marketing message; product push
1. Which type of reasoning does a logical appeal use when working from specific
evidence to a general conclusion?
1. Who are considered to be the most enthusiastic fans of your company and its
Communities of customers
Conversational marketing experts
1. Which of the following will show a hostile audience that your message is
Identify which of the audience’s beliefs or attitudes are incorrect
Incorporate logic, evidence, and compelling narratives
Use claims that are emotionally based
Use high pressure and “hard sell” tactics
Make promises based on the needs of the audience
1. ________ data provides information about an individual’s personality, attitudes,
lifestyle, and other psychological characteristics.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.