Unformatted Attachment Preview
1. Which of the following is an advantage to using the direct approach when
refusing routine requests?
It offers advice about how the audience can pursue other possibilities
The audience gets their answer quickly
The audience can modify their expectations of you
High stakes issues become less important
It is easier to establish a profession tone for the message
1. When you’re composing a routine request, all of the following EXCEPT ________
will help you state your request effectively.
opening the message with your main idea
using a buffer sentence to delay stating your request
paying attention to tone
1. When you’re writing a routine reply to a positive message, your readers will
generally be ________ what you have to say, so you can use the ________ in
interested in; direct approach
in tune with; indirect approach
disinterested in; direct approach
resistant to; indirect approach
1. Which of the following is one of the five goals of communicating negative
Let the audience assume the bad news
Avoid sharing the bad news
Offer the opportunity to discuss the issue further
Offer alternatives to the bad news
Gain acceptance for the bad news
1. How can a routine, positive message be used as a resale message when writing
to a customer?
By reinforcing the wisdom of a purchase selection
By writing a short and specific message
By minimizing negative information
By using an indirect approach
By acknowledging the order
1. Most simple requests can be handled by explaining
what you want to know or want the reader to do.
why you’re making the request.
why it may be in your reader’s interest to comply.
All of these.
1. Use the ________ to deliver bad news, if you have to get the reader’s attention
1. A poorly written buffer can
trivialize the reader’s concerns.
divert attention from the problem.
mislead the reader into thinking your message actually contains good news.
All of these.
1. Which of the following will enable the reader to respond to complex requests?
Information about how you can be reached
Breaking the request into specific, individual questions
Combining the request with strong transitions
Specific date and time you want the request to be completed by
1. Which of the following is one of the purposes of using the indirect approach for
To delay sharing the news
To obscure news
To limit your responsibility
To help the readers accept the situation
To signal the seriousness of the news
1. In which section of an indirect message should you provide information that will
lead the audience to the negative news?
After the bad news
1. Which one of the following is NOT an essential element of writing termination
messages in the workplace?
1. In corresponding with customers, making statements such as, “Thank you for
purchasing the most durable notebook computer you can buy” is
to be avoided in routine positive messages.
a good way to build customer relationships.
viewed as superficial and somewhat insulting by the reader.
an avoidance technique.
an important part of all negative responses to claim letters.
1. When using the direct approach for a negative message, which of the following
should open the message?
Reasons for the situation
A positive statement of good will
A statement of your desire to maintain a good relationship
The bad news
Reasons for the decision
1. Which of the following should be done when determining the appropriate
response to a negative message posted on social media?
Respond to all negative comments after researching the issue
Take legal action against critics
Hold an online conversation with the critic
Respond promptly to the comment
Correct the information
1. Why should the direct approach be used for routine replies and positive
The reader will be generally interested in what you have to say
It saves the writer time in crafting the message
The reader will need to be reminded why the issue is important
The reader will want to know what is in it for them
The reader will want a chance to discuss an issue
1. Use the ________ if you must deliver bad news that will shock or surprise your
1. If you have to compose a negative message, keep in mind that your audience will
be indifferent to what you have to say.
1. When answering requests and a potential sale is involved, one important goal is
explain the flaws in competitors’ products.
provide negative information about any possible competitors.
include a deadline to encourage more frequent sales.
leave your audience with a good impression of you and your firm.
use hard sell techniques to pressure the reader into making the purchase.
1. When making a claim or requesting an adjustment, your close should
explain the specific details of the problem.
request the specific action required to resolve the problem.
explain that you are planning to seek legal counsel.
provide a straightforward explanation of how the problem occurred.
clearly state how angry and disappointed you are.
1. Which format is usually most effective when rejecting suggestions and solicited
1. If the stakes are high for you or your receiver, use a(n) ________ to deliver
1. Send a ________ to take note of a significant event in someone’s business or
message of congratulations
message of appreciation
message of recognizance
message of acknowledgement
1. When writing to ask for a settlement, which type of routine message should you
Request for adjustment
A good will message
1. Which of the following should be one of your goals when responding to a
Cite the company’s policy for complaints
Tell the customer what they did wrong and how to avoid the problem in the
Follow up to make sure your response was correct
Use a colleague’s name to indicate exactly who was at fault
Sympathize with the customer for the poor service
Purchase answer to see full
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.