I need help with answering questions for reading guide based on the reading of Chapter 8 â??Who deserve what?/Aristatoleâ?Here is a link to the book : http://www.academia.edu/4110296/Justice_Whats_the_…
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Sandel Chapter 8
1. Why does Sandel begin this chapter with the story about the cheerleader?
What points is he trying to make with this story?
2. According to Sandel, how do we determine the fair way of allocating the
3. Why might some parents object to Callie being a cheerleader?
4. What are two ideas that are central to Aristotleâ??s conception of justice?
5. Why does Aristotle not believe that justice is about pursuing neutral ends?
6. Justice involves what two factors?
7. If we were distributing flutesâ??who should get the best flutes? According to
Aristotle, why is this?
8. What is the role of â??purposeâ? in determining who should get what?
9. What is the utilitarian answer to whom should get the best flute? Why
doesnâ??t Aristotle choose this answer?
10. What is a telos?
11. What does it mean for a method to be teleological?
12. According to Aristotle, how do we determine the just distribution of a good?
13. If Nobel Prize winning economists and a varsity tennis team both want to use
the tennis courtsâ??how would Aristotle determine who should use it and
14. Why did Plato and Aristotle believe that fire rose to the sky? How did this
impact their understanding of the natural world?
15. Why donâ??t we use teleological reasoning in science any longer?
16. Arguments about justice and rights are often arguments about what?
17. For Aristotle, what was distributive justice primarily about?
18. What is the purpose of politics for Aristotle? (page 194)
19. According to Aristotle, who should hold public office?
20. Why does Aristotle believe that participating in politics is essential for living
a good life?
21. What does Aristotle mean by â??happiness?â?
22. How does one become â??just?â?
23. What is moral education about?
24. For Aristotle, how do you become virtuous?
25. What are habits and how do they relate to virtue?
26. What does it mean for moral virtue to be at the mean between the extremes?
27. Why are Kant and Rawls uneasy with the notion of â??fit?â?
28. According to a libertarian, Rawls and Aristotle, are dangerous, repetitive jobs
just? Why or why not? For Aristotle, how could it become a just job situation?
29. You can skip the Golf Cart section through to the end of the chapter.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.