I need help answering the attachen reading guide based on the reading of Chapter 5 form Sandel’s book Justice.In the link, you will find a copy of the bookhttp://www.academia.edu/4110296/Justice_Whats_the_…
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Sandel Chapter 5
What does Immanuel Kantâ??s account of duties and rights depend on?
Which of Sandelâ??s 3 categories does Kantâ??s methodology fall into?
Why does Kant reject utilitarianism?
For Kant, what is the connection between our capacity for reason and our
capacity for freedom?
5. What does Kant mean by â??freedom?â?
6. What is the link between freedom as autonomy and Kantâ??s idea of morality?
7. For Kant, what does it mean to respect human dignity?
8. For Kant, what gives an action moral worth?
9. What does Kant mean when he argues that only the principled position is in
line with the motive of duty, the only motive that confers moral worth on an
10. Would Kant decide that the spelling bee student did something that was
morally worthy? Why or why not?
11. For Kant, what is the supreme principle of morality?
12. What is the role/work of reason, according to utilitarians?
13. What is Kantâ??s understanding of reason?
14. What is a hypothetical imperative, according to Kant?
15. What is a categorical imperative, according to Kant? (Noteâ??please make
sure that you donâ??t just quote the book here, but that you really understand
what the book is explaining.)
16. Can you explain the first formulation of the categorical imperative in your
17. Can you explain the second formulation of the categorical imperative in your
18. For Kant, what does justice require in our treatment of other human beings?
19. How are acting autonomously and morally the same thing in Kantâ??s mind?
20. Why isnâ??t Kantâ??s categorical imperative the same as the Golden Rule?
21. Noteâ??when Sandel is describing Kant and the issue of creating or following
oneâ??s own law, while making it a universal, he is saying this not because
every individual person makes their own individual set of laws. He is saying
this because there is a universal law in existence that we can all figure out
using reason. We will all decide that our duty in a situation is the same as
what everyone else figures out, because things are simply right or wrong in
and of themselvesâ??by their nature. Do not mistake Sandel to be saying that
everyone makes their own individual laws and follows them and
universalizes them, even if they are different from others. If you use reason,
they will not be different from others if the process is completed properly.
This is explained a bit further on the bottom of 127, but is never clearly
explicated in my opinion.
22. Sandel goes on to give various examples relating to casual sex, teeth
extraction and prostitution. As you read through these examples, please try
to consider the arguments as a way of more fully understanding Kantâ??s
thought. Do not focus on your own agreement or disagreement with what he
is saying or arguing for right now.
23. You can stop reading at mid-134.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.